Friday, September 21, 2007

The Ultimate Refresher

Whew! Is anyone else dying from this heat kick? Indiana weather is crazy, and I think I’m suffering from heat exhaustion. Today, after walking around outside most of the day, I was craving something cold and refreshing, something that would give me energy and stamina to get through the rest of the day.

Ice cream…..nah, it’s too fattening. Iced coffee…..sugar and caffeine, well that would give me energy, but not in a very healthy way. Suddenly, on went the light bulb, a smoothie! Yes, that’s it. I could already taste the cold fruity treat on my parched taste buds, but what flavor do I want?

Don’t you just love that about smoothies? Just about any combination you could ever dream of is available. Fruits danced in my head and began to swirl as I thought of different fruity combinations. Usually, I’m a berry person, but today, something inside me screamed banana and peach. Yum! Check out this sweet recipe for yourself.

Peach Smoothie Refresher

2 cups peach nectar or apple juice

1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt

1/2 banana

1 cup peach yogurt

1 1/2 cups frozen peach slices



Pour all liquid ingredients into the blender. Add all frozen ingredients. Blend at MIX

Not only do smoothies taste refreshingly terrific, they are good for you too! It a complete meal, it’s filling, and it’s healthy.

No comments: