Monday, September 17, 2007

You want me to do what??

I think I’m dead. It hurts to type.
Today was my first day with my personal trainer and let me tell you… it was intense. My roommate and I are working together with a trainer to try and get into shape. For the next seven weeks we will be meeting with Jordan two times a week for an hour long session in strength training, and then working out on our own three days a week with hour of cardio.

Here are some things I learned tonight:

10. I have a long way to go.

9. Working with a partner is more motivating and way more fun.

8. There are lots of exercises you can do without going to the gym.

7. Being “busy” is no excuse for not fitting in a small work out.

6. Eating 5-6 small meals a day is better for your metabolism and will help you lose more weight.

5. You don’t have to be pretty in the gym, sweating is what gets results.

4. Keeping a food log will help you understand your eating habits and motivate you to eat healthier.

3. It is important to do exercises that you can gradually make harder to see yourself progress.

2. Working hard can create big results.

1. Having a hot trainer makes going to the gym a lot more fun!

2 comments:

Lucy in the Sky said...

I wish I had a personal trainer. Actually, I just wish I had the motivation to get a personal trainer. I've been wanting to get in shape for some time now and I've been running out of excuses not to get it done. I really hope you keep up with your progress in working with the trainer so I can get some ideas! :)

Good luck!

curlyQ said...

I love going to work out but sometimes I just can't find time. I totally agree with the not looking good part, because I don't EVER look good when I get done! I guess that's good though! Working out with a friend also makes it seem like you are working a lot less except when you start to talk too much and you run out of breath to actually exercise. And as for the hot trainer I don't have one, but I do try to keep my eyes open as I exercise!!