Friday, October 5, 2007

APPLE-LICIOUS

Since my last post about apple cider, I was just thinking about how much I really do love it! But it got me wondering, why are apples so good for your body? As a girl who is trying to eat healthy and keep my body in good shape, I should probably know what I’m putting in my body and why I should do it.

We’ve all heard that saying, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Now, obviously it takes more than just an apple to stay healthy, but researchers at the University of Illinois say that it will make a difference. Apples offer a lot of fiber which prevents cholesterol from building in your arteries and as we all know, fiber cleans out your intestines. Yay! Apples are also a great source of vitamin C, but make sure that you eat the skin of the apple because it contains almost as much vitamin C as the juicy part of the apple. The skin, as well as the rest of the apple, also contains many extra vitamins that your body will love you for eating.

Looking for a cheap, healthy, and easy snack? Then pick up an apple and enjoy. For me, apples are great for a snack especially when smothered with peanut butter. They are cheap and easy to grab which works great for a poor college student with little free time. Plus they are low calorie, cholesterol free, and packed full of nutrients that your body needs. Check out these nutrition facts; you won’t believe how great they are!

So for a quick snack that doesn’t add some plump to your love handles after you eat it, grab an apple and go happily on with the rest of your day.

No comments: