Saturday, October 27, 2007

Who is the blame?


Who is the blame for your weight gains you or your parents? Let me make this easy for you. According to the done by Eric Stice Ph.D., of the University of Texas at Austin it is both you and your parent.

Stice and the researchers from Stanford university of medicine in there study found that adolescences who turn to drugs, vomiting or an extreme dieting to loss weight are sating the foundation for weight gain .are you one of these people? If then the blame is on. The possible reason for that, they say, is that adolescences who are extremely dieting may have thought they where decreasing there caloric in take when it is not true. Reason “many people who are dieting are already over consuming,” says Stice. “They aren’t dieting effectively enough to make up for the overconsumption.”

The general point here is that, certain weight control behaviors may actually contribute to more gain than other obvious behaviors .so save the “But “and watch your dieting method .
Do you have an over weight parent and are you likely to become over weight? All right, this might be the one you want to here then. According to the psychologist Eric Stice PhD. Adolescents who have obese parents are more likely to become obese. This is true for both for both biological and non-biological parents.

The very obvious reason for this, according to the findings of the study is “combination of genetics “and the other is an environmental factors that influence obesity.


Now that you have the blame for it, wither it is you or your parent in your particular case, what are you going to do about it?


Resource: The American psychological Association (A PA) public Affairs.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I can definitely relate to your post because when I was little, I was really overweight. It was really depressing and when I look back on my childhood. I can honestly say that it was my parents fault that I gained so much weight. When I was young, I didn't really realize the effect that food was having on my body, but my parents did. There is no way they missed it! So why didn't they stop me from eating so much? I guess I'll never know, but here's the flip side. When I was in eigth grade, I began to realize that I needed to lose weight and so I did. now I way a wonderful 120 lbs and I take full responsibility of my weight. After all, I'm old enough to make my own decisions.