Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Where does the time go???

According to my trainer, there is no such excuse as “I was too busy to work out”

Well… I beg to differ. In between classes, homework, and trying to maintain some semblance of a social life, a lot of nights there is just not much time left over to exercise. And if there is, I’m just too tired to do it! Our site is called total body fitness and through all the research I’ve done over the past few weeks I’ve learned that there is way more to maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle than I even expected. It’s not only eat healthy and exercising anymore; it’s sleeping and taking vitamins, and decreasing your stress. I don’t know about you, but just thinking about trying to balance all of that is stressing me out. Strike one on my quest to total body health.

The problem with this post is that this time I don’t have the answer. Typically I try to provide you with practical advice to create a healthier lifestyle for yourself. This time, however, I’m the one that needs the help. With the hectic new life of college, it’s hard to find balance in anything. Working out in the morning would be good if I could drag my butt out of bed after another late night of studying, but there goes my full 8 hours of sleep. Strike two. Working out in between classes would be good if I didn’t mind smelling like a boy’s locker room in my next class. Not necessarily a strike against a healthy lifestyle, but maybe not so good for my social life. Finally, by the time I get back from class, eat dinner, and do my homework it’s late and I am definitely not one of those people they are keeping rec open until 2am for.

So, I’m struck between my desire for a healthy body and my hectic schedule which leaves little room for sleep, let alone exercise. I’m trying to take it not only one day at a time but also one goal at a time. If you have any advice for me, drop me a comment. Or even just let me know if you’re struggling like me. I love your input. I do, however, have one little bit of advice for you first. Don’t give up your goals. Pitfalls will happen; it’s inevitable. Learn from them and continue to grow. You will only become stronger.

1 comment:

Lindsey Deno said...

I completely agree with you!! It is soo hard to keep up with everything going on. I keep telling myself that I need to start working out but I still haven't achieved that goal yet. I think that after a couple of weeks of getting used to things, I might actually have the power to actually accomplish my goals. But we'll see about that and if I find any sort of solution, I will let you know...