Monday, October 1, 2007

Week 3

Week number three with my personal trainer is over. As hard as I am working, I was hoping to have seen more results by now. Sometimes it’s frustrating to work so hard and not see the fruits of your labor, or in my case, “the muscles of my labor.” I just have to keep reminding myself that even though the physical results haven’t appeared yet, the health benefits are there. I can feel a difference in the way I exercise. I have more endurance and strength, and I’m doing it all the healthy way. It rewarding to know that the changes that I will see in my body are all because of the hard work that I put in.

Things that I have learned this week:

  1. Poor sleep habits can cause you to gain weight.
  2. Choosing to accept and love your body is harder than I ever imagined.
  3. The results may come slower than you hoped. So it’s important to look for the small changes to motivate yourself.
  4. Being busy is no excuse not to workout (according to my trainer at least)
  5. The results will never come if you don’t change your eating habits.
  6. “Diets” don’t work. It’s more important to eat a healthy, balanced diet low in calories
  7. It’s okay to let yourself indulge once in a while. If you forbid things, you set yourself up for failure.
  8. Swimming is a great way to get a low-impact, total body workout
  9. Stretching is extremely important. Make sure to hold each stretch for at least 20-30 seconds.
  10. Working out can be fun! (sometimes)

The most important thing I have learned this week, however, is that sometimes life throws you curve balls. Things you never expected can happen, and a lot of times there is nothings you can do about it. It’s important, however, to learn how to bounce back. Take every hard situation that comes your way and learn from it. Life is tough, but I’m convinced God will never give you more than you can handle. Your stronger than you think, so prove it to yourself!

No comments: