Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Taste of Fall



Here we are again in that wonderful time of year. It's fall!


I love fall. The leaves are turning, and the trees have so many different color variations that create a beautiful portrait of the season. Excitement is in the air as the fallen leaves swirl up in the wind, and each morning the air becomes a little brisker.


Today, I really noticed the change. My friend and I got up early and ran again this morning. A blanket of fog covered the ground, and even though I was sweating, I could still feel the cool moisture that filled the air. In honor of this season, I decided to have one of my favorite fall treats, hot apple cider. Yum!


Hot apple cider is the best especially when you are a little chilly. I heated mine in a mug and sipped away. Soothingly, it slid down my throat and warmed my insides.


There are all kinds of delicious ways to make apple cider to your liking. I prefer the simple things. Hot and with a few red hots dropped in. This makes the perfect combination of apple cinnamon goodness! And the best part is, it's natural and healthy. After all, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. I think we can substitute apple cider this time of year. Don't you?


For an actual Hot Cider recipe, go here. It's got a few more additions but it sounds great!

Well, enjoy your cider and Happy Fall!

No comments: