Friday, November 16, 2007

I avoid candy and eat fruits and vegetables. I drink eight glasses of water a day and take a multivitamin. I live for hundred calorie snack packs and guzzle V8, but I’m not on a diet. You know why? Because diets don’t work. Sure you may have lost 10 pounds on the Zone. But as soon as your old eating habits return, so will your fat jeans. When it comes to weight loss, there is no easy button. You have to commit 100% to changing your lifestyle. Diets imply short terms of starvation and deprivation in search of the perfect waist line. Unless you make healthy eating a permanent part of your life, however, you’ll remain a prisoner to a lifetime of yo-yo dieting. It’s easy to look at celebrities and other women and think that it comes so easy for them. The truth is, however, most of these women work really hard to maintain the bodies you covet. I’m not going to lie to you and say that trading in my Reese’s for broccoli was easy, mainly because most of you would recognize my bull shit and stop reading this. Changing the way you eat, the choices you make, and your portion sizes is difficult. But trust me, its well worth it. Since changing I eat, I have more energy and feel better about myself. So here’s a few of my “healthy eating habits” tips.
Keep a few mini 3 musketeers bars on hand. With only 60 calories a piece, they’re just enough chocolate to satisfy any craving.
Redefine your definition of dessert. A slice of angel food cake topped with fresh strawberries and low fat whipped cream can be a sweet ending to a healthy meal.
Remember, no one is perfect. Everyone has days where eating healthy is just not an option. Move on and keep working hard. It will pay off; I promise.

No comments: