Saturday, November 3, 2007

Number One Reason Not to Become Overweight

A 33 year-old Michigan man was removed from his home Tuesday due to serious concern for his health. This man weighed a whopping 900 pounds and evidently had not left his home since 2003. Rescue workers were called in to help transport this man to the nearest hospital. Firefighters cut a hole in the side of the man’s house and used a forklift to transport him from his second-floor bedroom to a flatbed truck. He was then covered with a blue tarp to keep from seeing the many onlookers of this incredible operation.

This is insane! This poor man. Evidently, he suffers from a rare genetic disorder called Prader-Willi Syndrome, that creates a chronic hunger feeling that may lead to overeating and possibly life-threatening obesity. There are some people who may not have an excuse for their obesity however in which case, they are just disgustingly fat.
This is a perfect example of why you shouldn’t let your eating get the best of you. I can not imagine the embarrassment and sorrow this man must feel. If I had to be lifted by a forklift from my bed and was large enough to be covered by not just a blanket but a huge tarp, I don’t think I could recover from my shame.

I know that weight is a struggle and don’t get me wrong, I feel bad for this guy, but when you get that overweight, it is completely unnecessary and gross. I just hope he can recover and become a normal member of society again.

Just remember, keep your weight under control or the forklift could come to you!

For the original post, click here.

No comments: