Friday, November 2, 2007

Need a Boost?

I’ve always been a little skeptical of energy drinks. Can they really be good for your body by giving you a shot of caffeine and sugar that sends your mind to a new planet. Well, probably not, but as a college student during midterm time, it’s important for me to be able to stay up late so I can complete my papers and study for exams. I don’t drink pop because it really isn’t good for your body. The carbonation has been shown to degrade muscle in research studies, and the sugary liquid is filled with empty calories that can only help build up those love handles that are hanging out on the hips.

Is an energy drink really the answer to an alternate energy source for my body? Well, I think I found an energy drink that will amaze you. It’s called Enviga. Put out by Nestle and Coca-Cola, Enviga claims to not only give you energy but it burns calories! In fact, it claims negative calories. A Swedish study proved that drinking three Envigas per day will burn anywhere from 50 to 100 calories a day. Another plus is that this drink it made from green tea which means that it contains antioxidants. It also comes in great flavors such as Peach and Berry. This is great, an energy boost, great flavor, and free calorie burning.

Thanks to Enviga, I can stay awake till the wee hours of the morning and feel good about what I’m putting into my body as I lose weight not trying. Sounds like a package deal to me. Enjoy!

What’s your favorite energy drink and why? Let me know in case I need to switch drinks but still have a healthy alternative.

No comments: